Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

How I run the simulation waveforms ? In my quartus nothing happens

MFerr2
Beginner

My program is working but my problem is that the waveform don't simulate. I create the waveform in Univesity Program and set the inputs, but when I click in Run Simulation ( Functional or Timing) nothing happens, What I supposed to do? I already uninstalled the Quartus and didn't resolve the problem. I need the waveforms. HELP!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Have you set Native link for Simulation? Tools->options->general->EDA tool options->Modelsim Altera ->Set path "C:\intelFPGA\17.0\modelsim_ase\win32aloem"
  2. Any new tab opened after clicking on Run Simulation (Like :"Simulation flow progress")?
  3. Check with some simple example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmVVXQchv2c

Can you share information about tool version used and project file if issue is not solved?

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
MFerr2
Beginner

I made this set list that you sent and nothing changed.

I think if I send to you anyone of my project will run, because in others computers i made the waveform. My problem is in this quartus in my computer. Have some tool that can read my quartus and search for installation errors ?

Tks

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Try to reinstall the Quartus.

That will solve the issue.

​Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos