Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Interfacing DE2 board (TV video in) and 2.4GHz Wireless AV Camera Receiver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Anyone try to interface DE2 board (TV video in) with 2.4GHz Wireless AV Camera Receiver and output display to VGA? I had tried the code that I attached but seem like it does't work for the camera receiver. For your information, the wireless camera receiver had 4 optional channel frequency(2.414GHz,2.432GHz,2.450GHz,2.468GHz). Some channel output blue screen and other channel output nothing(LEDR and LEDG does not turn on). The code work for my DVD player and I wonder is it possible to apply the code on my wireless AV camera receiver? If yes, can you provide me any useful material about how to use TV decoder, I really appreciate it. Thanks !  

Here is the wireless camera and receiver specification: http://mobilemegamall.com/goods/2-4ghz-wireless-pinhole-color-camera-plus-4-channel-receiver-cctv-3785.html (http://mobilemegamall.com/goods/2-4ghz-wireless-pinhole-color-camera-plus-4-channel-receiver-cctv-3785.html

Best regard, 

TWK
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I have to use the RGB signals for another purpose, so i divide the demonstrator in two blocks, one that generate the RGB signals and other that put it in the VGA output. 

I didnt change the code, but some vertical lines are appearing over the video. is this your problem also? Anyone knows why? 

did you try putting the camera in NTFS? 

Eze
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

My issue is the video format (PAL/NTSC). The output of my wireless camera that I am using is PAL format while the TV_demo only support NTSC format. However, I am using the DE2-70 board and I solved my problem by replacing the 3 files attached.  

Best regard, 

TWK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can u suggest me which type of NTSC camera and 2.4GHz wireless camera receiver that i can use with the DE2-70 board?i want to buy the camera n the receiver but have no idea.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

can u teach me or send in detail how to connect, and izzit easy to do that?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

and are you able to display though the VGA to LCD monitor???or to the TRDB-LTM????if got,can you zip all the file that modified in the DE2_70 TV demo here?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I display through the VGA to LCD/CRT monitor. The file I attached here is ONLY for PAL format camera, if you want NTSC format, follow back the DE2_70_TV from the demostration CD.  

TWK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

but the camera you use got 2 mode rite? NTFS/PAL...there got write in the specification d...

0 Kudos