Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Issues with the Monitor Program/TSE tutorial

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone. 

After going through the tse_tutorial (tutorial on how to use the triple speed Ethernet on the DE2-115 board) four times, including deleting part of the .v file which kept the program from compiling (it was the ONLY way I could get it to compile, after following the tutorial word for word four times, was still having errors) the Monitor program is now giving me trouble. It downloads the program to the board correctly, giving me the success pop up, and the lights next to the ethernet port light up and blink so its definitely got the program. However, as soon as i press Actions > Compile and Load as it says to do in the tutorial, "Errors were encountered during the compilation process". Heres the message in the info/errors window: 

Generating board support package (BSP)... 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../nios2eds/sdk2/bin/nios2-bsp HAL "C:/Users/Hunter/Documents/School/Fall 2013/ECE 424 - Digital Design/Final Project/tse_tutorial/app_software/New Folder (3)/BSP" "C:/Users/Hunter/Documents/School/Fall 2013/ECE 424 - Digital Design/Final Project/tse_tutorial/nios_system.sopcinfo" --set hal.enable_c_plus_plus false --set hal.make.bsp_cflags_optimization -O1 --cpu-name nios2  

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 16: $'\r': command not found 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 17: $'\r': command not found 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 22: $'\r': command not found 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 62: syntax error near unexpected token `$'{\r'' 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 62: `env_var_delete () { 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../nios2eds/sdk2/bin/nios2-bsp: line 309: mkdir: command not found 

nios2-bsp: Can't mkdir -p C:/Users/Hunter/Documents/School/Fall 2013/ECE 424 - Digital Design/Final Project/tse_tutorial/app_software/New Folder (3)/BSP 

Generating board support package (BSP) complete. 

Generating application makefile... 

cd "C:/Users/Hunter/Documents/School/Fall 2013/ECE 424 - Digital Design/Final Project/tse_tutorial/app_software/New Folder (3)" ; nios2-app-generate-makefile --bsp-dir BSP --set OBJDUMP_INCLUDE_SOURCE 1 --set APP_CFLAGS_OPTIMIZATION -O1 --src-files "C:/Users/Hunter/Documents/School/Fall 2013/ECE 424 - Digital Design/Final Project/tse_tutorial/app_software/tse_tutorial.c" --elf-name "C:/Users/Hunter/Documents/School/Fall 2013/ECE 424 - Digital Design/Final Project/tse_tutorial/app_software/New Folder (3)/tse_tutorial.elf"  

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 16: $'\r': command not found 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 17: $'\r': command not found 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 22: $'\r': command not found 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 62: syntax error near unexpected token `$'{\r'' 

C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../University_Program/Monitor_Program/bin/up_nios2_command_shell.sh: line 62: `env_var_delete () { 

/usr/bin/bash: nios2-app-generate-makefile: command not found 

I'm running windows 8, 64 bit. Would really appreciate any help on this, i've been at it for four hours now trying to get a simple tutorial straight from the altera website working. Speaking of which, it needs to be updated, the file provided does not compile AND there are typos/outdated information in the tutorial file itself. 

Thanks, 

Hhickman2307
0 Kudos
0 Replies