Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1180 Discussions

Nios II Custom Instruction Evaluation

Isha05
Beginner

Hi All,

I am an university student and working on custom instruction development on Nios II Soft Core Processor. 

I followed the guide and was able to successfully interface Custom Instruction Block with the Nios II Processor. 

However, as these custom instructions accelerate the computation I want to perform a comparison between the custom instruction set and FPGA processor. 

How can I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
aikeu
Employee

Hi Isha05,

I do not understand your question regarding "custom instructions accelerate the computation I want to perform a comparison between the custom instruction set and FPGA processor"

Nios II is a processor which is programmed inside the FPGA fabric.

Thanks

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Isha05,

Any follow up from the previous comments? Do let me know if you got any further questions.

Thanks

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Isha05,

I will close the thread if no further questions.

Thanks

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi Isha05,

I am closing the thread for now as we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions

Thanks

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos