Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1087 Discussions

PIn for LINEin, MIC, LINEout

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Guys, 

I am working on my cyclone 2 FPGA and I am applying my Noise cancellation technique in to it. I need to connect 2 MIC and a headphone to my FPGA so I want to incorporate the LINEin, MIC and LINEout pins but I dont know whats there PIN assignments are... Could someone help me by telling me the PINs for MIC, LINin and LINEout.. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A FPGA doesn't provide analog in- or outputs that would be needed for your project. Many development kits, e.g. the popular DE2 board has a codec chip to interface audio signals. The demonstration projects shipped with the board show the basic operation of the codec.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a cyclone 2 DE 1 board which is a Development kit. There is a demo for karaoke but I don't understand how to assigned MIC LINE in pin for my algorithm......

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The input source selection is done by WM8731 control registers. Unfortunately I'm not using the development kit, so I can't give detail hints. Basically, the WM8731 datasheet should contain all necessary information.