Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1098 Discussions

PLEASE HELP!!! SimulaTION ERRORS??!?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello. I am trying to simulate my file, but I keep receiving error messages no matter what. 

I am attempting to design a synchronous counter that outputs the the sequence 4-7-3-5-2. 

I am completely new to CPLDs and VHDL....but I have to complete this project for school. 

Here are the error messages I am getting: 

Error: Simulation results from C:/altera/72sp2/quartus/Adam/syncount/db/syncount.sim.cvwf (0 ps to 100.0 us) do not match expected results from vector source file C:/altera/72sp2/quartus/Adam/syncount/syncount.vwf 

Error: Logic level(s) do not match expected level(s) 

Error: Logic level 100 does not match expected logic level XXX for node "q" at time 0 ps 

Error: Logic level X does not match expected logic level U for node "state" at time 0 ps 

Can someone help me out ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The error messages are simply cause you enabled the check output option in simulation settings (Tab verification) without providing useful data to compare.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you~ but now it says Error: Can't continue timing simulation because delay annotation information for design is missing. I am not even sure what this is or how to enter this information. Any pointers? 

Thank you!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok well I got around that problem by running the Fitter and then the Timing Analyzer. The new problem is that the simulation is not interpreting the state signals of my vhdl code. I wrote the code so that q will equal one of five states that run in sequence. The simulator fails to recognize this. While creating the Vector Waveform file, I had to use Node finder. In Node Finder, the state signals are not .....in an acceptable form for the simulator I assume? Because when I drag them over to the waveform file and click "Start Simulation," I keep getting warnings like: 

warning: signal state does not exist in waveform. ignore comparison settings on this signal. 

warning: ignored node in vector source file. can't find corresponding node name "state.s0" in design. 

warning: ignored node in vector source file. can't find corresponding node name "state.s1" in design. 

warning: ignored node in vector source file. can't find corresponding node name "state.s2" in design. 

warning: ignored node in vector source file. can't find corresponding node name "state.s3" in design. 

warning: ignored node in vector source file. can't find corresponding node name "state.s4" in design. 

warning: ignored node in vector source file. can't find corresponding node name "state~0" in design. 

I am pretty sure it is something very simple that I overlooked or didn't realize, but can someone help me out?