Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Problem with Simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello ev'body, I'm trying to use Quartus II for university, I have no problems with VHDL file compilation and creation of .vwf file, but when I try to make a simulation an error appear: 

can't continue timing simulation because delay information for design is missing 

what I should do to solve it? Could somebody help me? 

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You must run either "classic timing" or "time quest" analizer. If you are beginner with Quartus II use "classic timing analizer tool"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

or you can try going to Assignments => Settings => Simulator Settings and changing the Simulation mode from Timing (default) to Functional. then you don't need timing information.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

im trying to do a project on liquid propulsion engine simulation. but im not sure which software would be the best for this purpose. i wud also like to create a gud graphical user interface.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am not so knowledgeable about this matter. So i have to learn it. Thanks for the post. 

taux pret auto (http://pret-auto.org)