Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1087 Discussions

Quartus Project for DEC10_Standard_Computer?

MReha2
Beginner

I am a professor for a US Canyon University and designing an Embedded Systems I and II class.

I am using the DE10-Standard board for these classes.

I downloaded the DE10-Standard Linux SD Card Image from the Intel site.

How or where can I get a Quartus Pro project that supports the default DEC10_Standard_Computer.rft FPGA design that comes with the DE10-Standard Linux SD Card image?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. For any question/request regarding University Program, drop an Email to psg.university@intel.com Our university team will help and answer your question.
MReha2
Beginner

I found some documentation in the DE10 Standard Computer with ARM.pdf that indicates I can install the University Program IP Cores from Intel’s FPGA University Program web site to get the Quartus prime project for DE10-Standard_Computer. I think I found this at the web site https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/university/materials-ip-cores..... When I go to this web site and then scroll down to the University Program Installer (Windows) section then click on the EXE link I get a network error on Windows 10 and a zero byte download on OSX. First, is this where I can get a Quartus prime project for DE10-Standard_Computer? Second, if is correct can you fix your link so I can download the project? Thanks.

MReha2
Beginner

I FTP'd the Monitor Program using FileZile by downloading the intel_fpga_upds_setup.exe at ftp://ftp.intel.com/Pub/fpgaup/pub/Intel_Material/18.1/.

I then navigated to University_Program\Computer_Systems\DE10-Standar\verilog directory and opened up the Quartus project.

When I synthesize the file I get the following compiler error:

Error (12006): Node instance "edge_detection_router_controller" instantiates undefined entity "Computer_System_Video_In_Subsystem_Video_In_Edge_Detection_Subsystem_Edge_Detection_Router_Controller". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP.

I was expecting this to compile and work because I made not changes to the system.

Do you know how to resolve this error?

MReha2
Beginner

I downloaded the zip file intel_fpga_upds_setup.zip at ftp://ftp.intel.com/Pub/fpgaup/pub/Intel_Material/18.1/.

I unpacked this zip file and the Quartus Project in this archive file complies fine.

Looks like you have a network connectivity issue with your web site and the Quartus Project installed with the setup program needs to get fixed up so it compiles.

MReha2
Beginner

Where can I get the intel_fpga_upds_setup.zip file for the DE10 Standard Computer for Quartus Prime Lite 20.1?