Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

QuatusII-Prime Lite installation on University's PCs

User1589270764741443

I want to install the Quartus II-Prime Lite on University laboratory PCs for the purpose of education. 

->Software : Quatus II software Prime Lite v19.1

>The total number of PCs : 41

>Device : MAX 2 - EPM240.

I want to check if there is no problem even if I download the installation file (QuartusLiteSetup.exe) with the professor's id and install it all on the school PC without an additional procedure.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

There should not be a problem. As long as you have the correct Quartus installation files and the school PC able to support it, then you should be good to go.

It does not matter who download the Quartus, it does not make the Quartus any different with each other. What makes it different is its version and edition (lite/std/pro). Lite version does not required any license.

Please try to install it on 2-3 of your school PCs to check for any issue, and if you face any problem, please do not hesitates to contact us. It is difficult to further advise without knowing the actual problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Fyi, we start calling it Quartus Prime from version 16.0 and later. Quartus II is for the older version, just to avoid confusion.

Please check that the System Requirements and Prerequisites is met in the user guide below.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf#page=5

Also, please download/install the Quartus Prime Lite Edition (Free) and the device support (MAX II, MAX V) installation files from the webpage below. That's should be sufficient enough for the Quartus installation.

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/?edition=lite

Let me know if you have further inquiries.

p.s. Don’t forget to Reply, and Select the Best Solution. :)

0 Kudos
User1589270764741443

​Thank you for your answer.

However, the main purpose of my question is: To check if there is no problem even if I download the installation file (QuartusLiteSetup.exe) with the professor's id and install it all on the school PC .

It is difficult for students to sign up and download installation files because students taking classes each semester arechanged.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

There should not be a problem. As long as you have the correct Quartus installation files and the school PC able to support it, then you should be good to go.

It does not matter who download the Quartus, it does not make the Quartus any different with each other. What makes it different is its version and edition (lite/std/pro). Lite version does not required any license.

Please try to install it on 2-3 of your school PCs to check for any issue, and if you face any problem, please do not hesitates to contact us. It is difficult to further advise without knowing the actual problem.

0 Kudos