Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

VGA controller

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a Terasic DE2-70 and am having trouble writing a vga controller in Verilog. If I can get this working on this dev board, I would like to use a much simpler board for the application. Hence, I want to avoid running an OS or having an embedded processor. When I wrote my own vga controller, the projector would say 800x600 37.8khz 60Hz, but nothing would be displayed. I then turned to the sample vga controller that Terasic provides. It worked to display a default Altera image. However, when I tied the rgb inputs of the vga controller to ground rather than the output of instantiated RAM, the projector then said input not supported. I would like to calculate the image pattern to be displayed online, so I don't want to read the rgb inputs from ram. I am at a loss of where to start. Please help.

0 Kudos
0 Replies