Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1082 Discussions

Why is the FPGA Monitor Program Editor (from the UPDS) disabled/not working?

PKoor
Beginner

Freshly installed on Windows10 with Quartus Prime 18.1, the intel FPGA Monitor Program built-in Editor (and "Project Files") are disabled from the "Windows" menu (grayed-out). The symptoms are similar to other posts, e.g. "Altera monitor program text editor not appearing". What is wrong? Is it maybe a Java problem? When I first started the Monitor program, I got a Java firewall warning (but said "run anyway").

Thanks.

-- Paul.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi Paul,

I apologize for the late response, as I just got the notification.

The editor will be disabled during the debug session, and re-enabled when the debug session is exited

The source level debugging feature of the Monitor Program is a beta feature in the current release. The feature can be enabled and disabled at any point by going to the Edit menu and selecting Edit > Enable Source Level Debugging, or Edit > Disable Source Level Debugging, depending on whether the feature is currently disabled or enabled respectively.

Regards.

EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any follow up from your side?