Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

camera interfacing with DE1 board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello m poonam...newbie in altera forum... 

i have altera's DE1 board and m doing project on image processing that is "Driver's Drowsiness Detector System"..... and now we got stucked..here is d problem ..that how to interface d camera with this board????where? 

and we know that it requires code in vhdl..but we r poor in this language...so plz can anybody help us out???????? plz bcoz we have very less time to complete d project..plz anybody can provide code??? 

and also can u provide solutions 4 following questions? 

1.that how to acquire images and how to store them in SRAM?? 

m waiting 4 reply....:) 

bye..!
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I'm also developing a project with the DE1 board and the 5 Mega Pixel Terasic Camera. I'm developing edge detection. You can download the code for this camera and see how it works. 

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=39&no=281 

I'm also new with Verilog. I hope it helps... I'm still trying to figure out a lot of things... 

There is a block diagram to help you understand the code in the user manual of the camera. I'm still trying to understand it.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hiee thx for ur reply...i know dis TRDB_D5M but it also requir code in vhdl no? 

but we dont know how to acquire image n how to store it in sram..so plz can u send us code or atleast logi plz do reply...m waiting!! 

take care
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Here is the code for the TRDB_D5M camera in Verilog so you can use it to connect it to the DE1 board. 

The file with the name "DE1_D5M.sof" is the one you should download to the board in order to connect the board to the camera. 

Hope it helps. 

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi thx 4 ur reply...actually we want to store d image in bmp format in d sram so can u send d vhdl code 4 dat...actually we hav done processing on one image thru image converter..so 4 files hav created..bt in .dat file..we cant see images that has been converted into binarized form...so wat shud we do nw?? 

plz reply
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you really developing a project like that?.. Could you upload the code to the forum's web site? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Instead of using the Terasic camera, can we use the Web Cam? simply interface it with the USB?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for your code

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for frere

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

plz help me how can i use webcam to get image and display it on monitor.i am having problem in connecting webcam to de2 board , will u plz help me how to proceed.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hmm how you dont know connect ... use camera interface and connect to de2board by free pins ... try use datasheet od de2 board

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

may be this can be an idea. you should make an elecktronic desgin.  

if you know the pins of webcam you can combine them with the de2. 

I used a camera not a webcam but I tried this way. 

may be this can be helpful for you.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can people tell me why D5M camera is not working with DE1 board??

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can u share your Qsys file with me

0 Kudos