Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

compile the ADC source C file into ELF

SCola4
Beginner

I am experimenting the ADC module of the DE1-SoC. I have downloaded the DE1-SoC_v.5.1.3_HWrevF.revG_SystemCD and I can successfully run the DE1_SoC_ADC/demo_batch under the Demonstration folder from win10.

As I understand this demo_batch is opening a cygwin that loads a .sh file that pushes an executable file (DE1_SoC_ADC.elf) into the board. The executable runs on the HPS and thanks to the upload of the DE1_SoCADC.sof file.

I would like to recompile the ELF file, how can I do it on windows?

I tried copying the entire folder into Linux and trying to execute make I get this error: nios2-elf-gcc command not found.

Is there a procedure to correctly compile the C into ELF using Windows? I would prefer Windows as I have Quartus on the win machine..

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SreekumarR_G_Intel
Hello Stefano, Can you check soc eds installed in the windows ? Can I assume you are using the cyclone V ? if yes here is the link for to start with https://fpgawiki.intel.com/wiki/SoCEDSGettingStarted Note : Arria 10 or Startix 10 soc related file generation shall be used only via linux OS. Thank you , Regards, Sree
0 Kudos