connection to DE1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want ask how to construct CMOS camera to DE1? thx

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Google man, google, & take a look at OpenCores.org. 

Also, you can download some examples for another boards, and then try to adapt it to yours.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i search alot but cant found it. is it need a digital signal converter from the camera to the DE1?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Take a look at Terasic, should be something. (but not for DE1)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

actually i doing a project Palm print identification system by using DE1 board and CMOS camera. but now the problem is how does the camera connect to DE1 boardb? izit able direct connect to the DE1 board?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There are a lot of different kinds of cameras. I know these one from Terasic there you only have to implement the protocoll. There is a Pin for enable, Pins for horizontal and vertical synchronisation and Pins for the colour. But if you have a VGA camera you will need one of hese BT-Chips and I´m afraid there is no one on the DE1 Board.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

so do you know what is the BT-chips are?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

so do you know what is the BT-chips are? 

--- Quote End ---  

I´m afraid not really. What I know is that they convert an analog VGA signal to a digital signal. So you only need to implement a kind of VGA protocol. And that is hard enought I think. If you have a choice I would use one of these cameras from Terasic. Thats easier and you also can find some examples at the altera website.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ya i kw the camera from Terasic but i think no suitable for me haha anyway thx for helping

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi eternity324, 

--- Quote Start ---  

ya i kw the camera from Terasic but i think no suitable for me haha anyway thx for helping 

--- Quote End ---  

it is not clear what you are asking. 

1) Do you already have in mind a specific CMOS camera that you want to interface? Which camera is it? 

2) In case you use a camera with a composite video output, you can not use it directly on the DE1 board. You should better use a board with a composite video input (with a video codec) like the DE2 or DE2-70. 

3) The CMOS camera from Terasic can directly be interfaced to your DE1 board. I do not see why this solution is not approapriate for your application. 

So some clarification is required from your site for being able to help...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes i already found the camera which is OV7410P/OV7411P SINGLE-CHIP CMOS B&W PAL CAMERA. 1st i cant direct use the camera from Terasic because my supervisor no allow to do so, we have to buy a CMOS camera and construct a circuit by our self that connect to DE1, second we dun have so much of budge for the hardware DE2 and the Terasic camera, we cant afford it.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found one of these BT Chips. It´s called BT835. Maybe it is a litle bit overdressed for your project but you get an idea what you have to do. 

http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/parts/datasheet/103/bt835.php
0 Kudos