Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

eclipse tool-chain settings to match monitor program

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi...has anyone tried editing the tool-chain/settings in eclipse to make project in IDE environment instead of using "Monitor Program"...most of the time I use eclipse to edit code and for my DE1-SoC board I use the monitor program to build the project...it would be nice to get rid of this second step and have eclipse to the build as well...let me know.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the nios 2 help files is "My First Nios II Software Tutorial." It has all the information you need for this.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This only talks about Nios II IDE...I am looking for build settings for HPS...I think I finally got it but in case anyone else wants to try, here is what you have to do: 

1. Under project properties C/C++ build settings  

1.1 Change command to arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc 

1.2 Define device family in the preprocessor (e.g. soc_cv_av) 

1.3 Include /ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib and /ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/<device family> 

2. Set the linker command to arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc 

3. Add ds-5\sw\gcc\arm-linux-gnueabihf\bin and ds-5\sw\gcc\bin to the PATH variable under environment. 

This should do it. Let me know if there are any issues.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry, my mistake. I should have thought of HPS when you said you were using the De1-SoC board. The compiler you mentioned is for linux applications. I don't know if it makes any difference, but you might try the bare metal compiler arm-altera-eabi-gcc. It is located in <altera directory>\embedded\host_tools\mentor\gnu\arm\baremetal\bin

0 Kudos