Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1087 Discussions

eclipse tool-chain settings to match monitor program

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi...has anyone tried editing the tool-chain/settings in eclipse to make project in IDE environment instead of using "Monitor Program"...most of the time I use eclipse to edit code and for my DE1-SoC board I use the monitor program to build the project...it would be nice to get rid of this second step and have eclipse to the build as well...let me know.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the nios 2 help files is "My First Nios II Software Tutorial." It has all the information you need for this.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This only talks about Nios II IDE...I am looking for build settings for HPS...I think I finally got it but in case anyone else wants to try, here is what you have to do: 

1. Under project properties C/C++ build settings  

1.1 Change command to arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc 

1.2 Define device family in the preprocessor (e.g. soc_cv_av) 

1.3 Include /ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib and /ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/<device family> 

2. Set the linker command to arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc 

3. Add ds-5\sw\gcc\arm-linux-gnueabihf\bin and ds-5\sw\gcc\bin to the PATH variable under environment. 

This should do it. Let me know if there are any issues.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry, my mistake. I should have thought of HPS when you said you were using the De1-SoC board. The compiler you mentioned is for linux applications. I don't know if it makes any difference, but you might try the bare metal compiler arm-altera-eabi-gcc. It is located in <altera directory>\embedded\host_tools\mentor\gnu\arm\baremetal\bin