Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

.pof file can't work

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi. 

i just got a piece of DE2 board,there is a question when i do the exercise follow the <Quatus II Introduction Using Verilog Design>, if i use the JTAG mode to programming and configure ,it's ok, 

at the AS mode ,i do like the follw steps: 

1.assignments > device > device and pin options > configuration >chose EPCS16 > compile  

2.tools > programmer > make sure the hardware setup is  

usb_blaster and the mode is active serial programming,add the .pof file ,check program/configure, > start 

3. i turn off the power , check the run/prog switch back to run site,then turn on the power,but the board doesn't look like work normal . 

4. i have try to use the "conver programming file"the generate the .pof file by the .sof file. then , use this file do it again,it works. 

i don't why? all steps are follw the doc.my quartus II is 9.1 web edition .
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

at the forum sb. 

sad it's a bug of version 9.1. i haven' got the patch 0.63 to test.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Simply update to 9.1 SP1. It's available for free.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

o , thanks ,i will try to use the sp1 version

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had the same problem. My solution was to convert the .sof to .pof from File->Convert Programming files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had a similar problem at GXII PCIe card, the solution is at some configuration switches that was less addressed in the manual.