Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

UEFI Development Kit missing eXdi class registration

aturnbul
Novice

I've been trying to get the Intel UEFI Development Kit v1.5 working with WinDbg. Unfortunately, I keep running into a "Class not registered" error when the SoftDebugger calls WinDlg with -kx exdi:clsid={F56FC1A6-3422-4320-A7F3-41EAEC2A367D}. There don't appear to be any unregistered DLLs in the UEFI Development Kit install path and a check in the registry confirms that the given CLSID doesn't exist. What DLL is this trying to refer to and where should I get a copy, please? I did try removing and reinstalling the kit, but to no avail.

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
aturnbul
Novice

I've found the class. It turns out that CLSID {F56FC1A6-3422-4320-A7F3-41EAEC2A367D} is in a typlib stored in eXdi.exe which is part of the Intel UEFI Development Kit Debugger Tool v1.5. My problem was that I was using a 64-bit version of WinDbg and the class in eXdi.exe is 32-bit thus, there is no 64-bit class with that CLSID registered.

Set the SoftDebugger to use a relatively recent 32-bit version of WinDbg (I used the most recent, 10.0.19041, which worked fine). Do this by changing the "Executable" and "Directory" variables in the [Debugger] section of SoftDebugger.ini (in the UEFI Development Kit install directory) to point to your WinDbg.exe.

I hope this helps others with this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
aturnbul
Novice

I've found the class. It turns out that CLSID {F56FC1A6-3422-4320-A7F3-41EAEC2A367D} is in a typlib stored in eXdi.exe which is part of the Intel UEFI Development Kit Debugger Tool v1.5. My problem was that I was using a 64-bit version of WinDbg and the class in eXdi.exe is 32-bit thus, there is no 64-bit class with that CLSID registered.

Set the SoftDebugger to use a relatively recent 32-bit version of WinDbg (I used the most recent, 10.0.19041, which worked fine). Do this by changing the "Executable" and "Directory" variables in the [Debugger] section of SoftDebugger.ini (in the UEFI Development Kit install directory) to point to your WinDbg.exe.

I hope this helps others with this problem.

0 Kudos