Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

0xc000007b Error

Valerio_F_
Beginner
I'm moving my sw from old Visual C++ to Visual Studio 2015 in Windows Seven environment. My sw is written in C plus Fortran (INTEL 7.0 compiler) to interface with IMSL (7.0) library. No problem in recompiling it and running on my developing PC. When I move to another PC with 32 bit release I get this error: 0xc000007b Unfortunately my sw has to run on a industrial PLC that supports only 32 bit code. I suppose I'm using IMSL in dll mode becausethe application needs imsl_dll.dll to run. I tried to avoid the problem linking in statically mode (to be honest this way is not recommended) but i didn't find the way to avoid a lot of unresolved symbols. Thanls in advance
0 Kudos
8 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

So many possible causes.... rather than have us make scattergun guesses, do a full build and post the buildlog. That should give some clues.

0 Kudos
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

Also, if you are opening files, check the filenames in your program.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That error is "unable to start", meaning that Windows is refusing to run the application at all.  Is the target system running Windows XP by any chance? If so, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/linking-applications-using-visual-studio-2012-to-run-on-windows-xp

By the way, I assume you meant version 17.0.

0 Kudos
Valerio_F_
Beginner
Target Platform is Seven for both (developing and run). Which building log file have I to post?
0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

BuildLog.html found in the output folder

0 Kudos
Valerio_F_
Beginner
Found only this log file
0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

You are building some add on for an MSC analysis by the look of it this seems to be a log of scripts from that? Not sure where to go with this.....

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Wow, those MSBUILD logs are nearly impossible to read... Of course, this showed only the C++ side, but I doubt seeing the Fortran logs would be helpful. 

Would you please set the linker option to generate a map file, relink, then attach a ZIP of the .map file to a reply here? I'm guessing that the static code and data is close to or greater than 2GB, which can trigger this error. At first I thought the use of /STACK:"20000000" in link options might be an issue, but that's only 20MB and unlikely to cause a problem.

0 Kudos