Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

A VB.NET DLL calling by Fortran

Schwandt__Olaf
Beginner

Hi there,

and here is my second question today.

I like to call a VB.NET by Fortran. But I don't know how. I don't understand how t call a object-oriented language by Fortran.

Thanks

Olaf

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There are two examples of doing this in the Parallel Studio XE for Windows Sample Bundle: MixedLanguage\VB-Calls-Fortran is the simplest.

0 Kudos
Schwandt__Olaf
Beginner

Hi Steve,

thank you very much, but I like to call a VB.NET DLL FROM Fortran, so I look for Fortran-Calls-VB.NET.

Can you help again?

Olaf

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

It would have to be a native mode DLL, in which case you would call it just the same as any other DLL. You would have to make sure you have the naming and calling conventions right (STDCALL on IA-32), and a lot of VB argument types won't map to Fortran in that direction.

What exactly are you trying to do here? Show the declaration of a VB routine you want to call.

0 Kudos
Schwandt__Olaf
Beginner
Hi Steve, I have a VB,DLL from another application. In the handbook from that is written a call from a another VB.NET. Here is an extract : Public net1 As New NNToolNetLib.NNToolNet

With net1 .... a = .NNLoadF(DscFile) .... For i = 1 To .InputCount
.NetInput(i) = CStr(i * 10.1) Next a = .NetEvalF ... For i = 1 To .OutputCount a = 1 To .NetOutput(i) --- Next .... But I need to do that in Fortran or if necessary in C++ Regards Olaf
0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You have not shown what the interface to the procedure is.

0 Kudos
Schwandt__Olaf
Beginner

Hi Steve,

thank you for your answer.

That interface is all I have.

I couldt write an interface routine between the vb.net dll and fortran, I would say in VB.NET. But I don't know how.

regards

Olaf

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That's not an interface. The declaration of the routine is somewhere else. My guess, though, is that the routine is VB.NET specific and doesn't support calls from other languages. You can try calling into a VB routine you write that then calls this other routine.

0 Kudos
Schwandt__Olaf
Beginner

Here is the attachment

0 Kudos
Schwandt__Olaf
Beginner

Hi Steve,

I found in the environment of the commercial VB.NET-DLL a directory, wich is called "LibFIles"

I give you the files attached. Is someone of this what we need?

Olaf

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I have no clue what to do with the contents of that ZIP. I don't see anything I recognize as a source file.

0 Kudos