Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

A problem in debugging combined C++ and FORTRAN codes

mnassir
Beginner
I have a question in debugging of a code which I use. The code contain both C++ files as well as FORTRAN's and modules. Separate projects have been defined for each of them.

The FORTRAN project and the module project are defined as static libraries in the configuration part in the project definition. When I'm trying to debug the whole solution, it gives the following error:
"Unable to start the program ..
The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Review the manifest file for possible errors"

The solution is easily debugged by the similar Intel software sets my friend has installed on his computer

Would you please help me regarding that? I have Visual Studio 2008 installed on my computer as well as
Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008
Intel C++ Composer XE 2011 Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008, Version 12.0.1024.2008

Many thanks
Mohammad
University of Calgary
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Was this code built on a different system? The problem is most likely that you don't have the same Visual C++ run-time DLLs that were on the building system. Which Visual Studio was used to build the application?
0 Kudos
mnassir
Beginner
Thanks Steve for your kind reply. The visual studio I'm using is
Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM and my operating system is Windows 7 64 bit (Service pack 1)

The visual studio itself has a Visual C++; however to be able to complie both C++ and FORTRAN codes together, I installed both Intel Visual C++ and Intel Visual FORTRAN on the Visual Studio.

In the discription of the Intel Visual FORTRAN I see:
Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008, 12.0.3470.2008

and for the Intel Visual C++:
Intel C++ Composer XE 2011 Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2008, Version 12.0.1024.2008

It seems that the version of the Visual Studio, I have installed on my computer is not the same as requested by the Intel Compliers, could it be the reason for the problem?

Many thanks
Mohammad
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Intel compilers can install with or without the VS2008 SP1, in case that is the difference concerning you. If you had a beta version of a Microsoft SP1 for either Win7 or VS, I believe you have to back out the expired beta version, which sometimes gets into a re-installation from scratch.
0 Kudos
mnassir
Beginner
Many thanks, I will try to resolve it according to what you suggested and will ask you if I has problem.

Thanks again
Mohammad
0 Kudos