Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Abaqus 6.14-2 Link with Fortran Compiler (2018XE)

Aryal__Binod
Beginner

Hello, 

I tried to link abaqus 6.14-2 with visual studio 2015 and intel parallel XE 2018-update2

When i run in abaqus command abq6us verify -all

The error is always present in abaqus user soubroutine section of standard and explicit. 

I have followed steps provided in earlier discussion pages here at intel forums and researchgate but my problem can't be solved 

Looking forward for help.

Error log 

Abaqus JOB xpl_user_sp
Abaqus 6.14-2
Abaqus License Manager checked out the following licenses:
Abaqus/Explicit checked out 5 tokens from Flexnet server hh003.ad.edu
<20 out of 25 licenses remain available>.
Begin Compiling Single Precision Abaqus/Explicit User Subroutines
5/16/2018 1:08:27 PM
Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 18.0.2.185 Build 20180210
Copyright (C) 1985-2018 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

End Compiling Single Precision Abaqus/Explicit User Subroutines
Begin Linking Single Precision Abaqus/Explicit User Subroutines
   Creating library explicitU.lib and object explicitU.exp
explicitU_static.lib(SMASpxU_XP_IF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__putenv referenced in function "void __cdecl SMABasOmniSetSSELevel(void)" (?SMABasOmniSetSSELevel@@YAXXZ)
explicitU_static.lib(SMASpxU_XP_IF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_printf referenced in function "void __cdecl SMABasOmniSetSSELevel(void)" (?SMABasOmniSetSSELevel@@YAXXZ)
explicitU_static.lib(SMASpxU_XP_IF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_getenv referenced in function "void __cdecl SMABasOmniSetSSELevel(void)" (?SMABasOmniSetSSELevel@@YAXXZ)
explicitU_static.lib(vwave.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol memmove referenced in function vwave
explicitU_static.lib(vusdfld.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vusdfld_cza.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vutrs.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vuviscosity.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vuinter.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vuinter_cza.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vuinteraction.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vumullins.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vueos.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vufield.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vugens.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vuhard.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vuanisohyper_inv.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vuanisohyper_strain.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vucharlength.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vuel.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vfric.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vfric_coef.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vfriction.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vuamp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vcosimulation0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vdisp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vdload.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU_static.lib(vfabric.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
explicitU.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Abaqus Error: Problem during linking - Single Precision Abaqus/Explicit User Subroutines.
  This error may be due to a mismatch in the Abaqus user subroutine arguments.
  These arguments sometimes change from release to release, so user subroutines
  used with a previous release of Abaqus may need to be adjusted.
Abaqus/Analysis exited with errors

Cheers

Binod

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

It appears that the linking command that Abaqus issued did not include the MSVC library, MSVCRT.LIB. If you can make Abaqus display the compiling and linking commands and report them here, someone may be able to help you part of the way, but you probably have to ask for help at an Abaqus forum.

0 Kudos
Greg_T_
Valued Contributor I

Hi Binod,

In addition to the abaqus verify, have you tried running an analysis with a specific user subroutine?  I've found that the automated abaqus verify may fail its test, but I can run a specific analysis, such as with the DLOAD or UMAT user subroutines.

I recommend starting the Intel Fortran console window from Start -> Intel Parallel Studio -> Compiler 18 update 2 for x64; that initializes the Intel Fortran variables for compiling the user subroutine when running the abaqus solver.

Regards, Greg

0 Kudos
Aryal__Binod
Beginner

I tried to look through the forums but no luck. I got Visual studio enterprise update 2017 and installed Intel XE 2018 update 2. I tried to follow all these steps to re-run the general UMAT code provided in abaqus tutorial but i still get the same error of compilation. 

the abaqus window shows that the patch of visual studio and intel compiler is fine (included in snapshot)

I have included these two lines in abaqus6142.bat file

@echo off

call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars64.bat"

call "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2018.2.185\windows\bin\intel64\ifortvars.bat" intel64 vs2017
"C:\SIMULIA\Abaqus\6.14-2\code\bin\abq6142.exe" %*

the error code has changed this time in log file

Abaqus JOB xpl_user_sp
Abaqus 6.14-2
<10 out of 25 licenses remain available>.
Begin Compiling Single Precision Abaqus/Explicit User Subroutines
5/17/2018 11:28:45 AM
'ifort' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Abaqus Error: Problem during compilation - xpl_user_sp.for

Abaqus JOB xpl_user_dp
Abaqus 6.14-2
<10 out of 25 licenses remain available>.
Begin Compiling Double Precision Abaqus/Explicit User Subroutines
5/17/2018 11:28:51 AM
'ifort' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Abaqus Error: Problem during compilation - xpl_user_dp.for

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Did you install visual studio c++ prior to ifort?
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Binod, I suggest that you put aside Abaqus for the time being, and make sure that you can build and run a couple of simple Fortran programs. This will make sure that all the components (of Visual Studio and Parallel Studio/Composer that are needed for compiling and linking Fortran code) are present and functioning. 

Once that is done, you can resume your attempts to get Abaqus to run. 

0 Kudos