Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Another issue with V2017.

Ken2
Beginner

When using the command line to stay on the bottom line in an open window  " wc%mode = QWIN$SCROLLDOWN"  IVF V17 leaves the output one line too long.  In other words the last line in the output is not shown(hidden one line below last viewable line in the window) you must scroll down one line to see the last line.  Since this last line is calling for an input it is a problem.  The last line output is with a "(*** ...,\)" format at the end so that a carriage return is not done and the input is at the end of the same line as the request for input.  It works correctly in all earlier IVF versions. 

Is it's function different in v17 or is this a possible bug? 

Code for Window:

OPEN (unit, FILE='USER')

wc%numtextcols = -1

wc%numtextrows = 180  ! sets the number of scrollable rows in a window

wc%numcolors   = -1

wc%title= "xxxx 3.18"C        

wc%fontsize = Z'000C000F'   ! 0009000E 0009 IS THE TEXT HEIGHT(HEX) 9

!                                      000E IS THE TEXT WIDTH(HEX)  14                           

wc%mode = QWIN$SCROLLDOWN   ! stay on bottom row of window     **********command in question********

status = SETWINDOWCONFIG(wc)  ! attempt to set configuration with above values

! if attempt fails, set with system estimated values

if (.NOT.status)status = SETWINDOWCONFIG(wc)     

!     set page frame

qw.type = QWIN$SET

qw.w = 945

qw.h = 800

i4 = setwsizeqq(QWIN$FRAMEWINDOW, qw)

!*******************************************************************************

!                      SET CHILD WINDOW SIZE

!*******************************************************************************

winfo.TYPE = QWIN$SET

CALL CLEARSCREEN($GCLEARSCREEN)

winfo.x  =0

winfo.y  =0

winfo.W    = 82

winfo.H    = 49

result  = SETWSIZEQQ(unit,winfo)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Would you please attach the source of a small but complete program that demonstrates the problem?

0 Kudos
Ken2
Beginner

Attached example of code for error.

What I have further determined is that this issue seems to be a problem in Windows 7, but not Windows 10.  So complied with V17 and then run it seems to work correctly in windows 10, but hides the last line of the output when running Windows 7.  Compiling with V16 you do not see this issue on either Windows version.

Run the program.  It will stop looking for input, in Windows 7 the last line showings will be "Hello World" , but in Windows 10 it will be the next line " Last Line - Hit return now".  In windows 7 the last line is still hidden below the widow and you have to scroll to it.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm not seeing that behavior in Windows 7 - the last line is displayed.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

FWIW through many versions of Windows and with different languages, I've noticed similar behavior (missing last line) dependent upon type face and font size.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Ken2
Beginner

I'm not sure what to say.  But for what ever reason on my Windows 7 system the bottom(last) line is hidden when compiled with v17, but when compiled under V16 it works correctly.  Not sure why the difference.

Thanks everyone for your help.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I do see in a variant of this that the scroll bar hides the last line of text, and I reported that to the developers. This was on Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Ken2
Beginner

This issue is still occurring in the latest update 2017 Update 1.

0 Kudos