Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

Any current Fortran compilers compatible with Visual Studio 2013 for 32bit development?

bhiesve
Beginner

Apologies if this has already been answered, I did search but didn't find anything as my query is specific to a particular version of Visual Studio and the currently purchasable compiler versions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I need to develop 32bit applications using Visual Studio 2013 - I don't have any control over this, unfortunately.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that only XE 2018 and later are available for download with newly purchased licences.  According to Intel® Compilers compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio* and...  XE 2018 does not support VS 2013 but XE 2018 release notes Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler 18.0 for Windows* Release Notes for... suggest VS 2013 meets the requirements.  To anyone's best understanding, will I be able to use XE 2018 with VS 2013?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I think the current "compatibility" page is incorrect and that VS2013 was indeed supported by the 18.0 version. I would trust the release notes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I think the current "compatibility" page is incorrect and that VS2013 was indeed supported by the 18.0 version. I would trust the release notes.

0 Kudos
bhiesve
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply @Steve_Lionel, much appreciated

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I have an older PC with VS 2013 and IFort 19.0.5.281. These are not paired, because of the difference in vintage, so I opened a command window configured for VC 2013, ran the IFort 19.0.5 ifortvars.bat from it, and tried compiling a couple of Fortran programs. No problems, but ...

Note that if you use third party libraries or DLLs with your code, you are likely to run into problems which may or may not be surmountable. In particular, you may need to use MS legacy_stdio_definitions.lib as an additional library when you link. If you have some libraries that were built to use MSVCRT and others built to use LIBCMT, you may run into major problems, as well.

0 Kudos
bhiesve
Beginner

Thanks for the warnings and suggestions @mecej4.  We'll need to look into this.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos