cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Apparently no search in default paths for ifmodintr.lib

Dear forum users,

While working with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 integrated in Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 to work on a C++ program that uses a Fortan library, I came across the following linker error:

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ifmodintr.lib'

The library file does exist however and is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.2.180\windows\compiler\lib\ia32_win

It seems that this default path is not being searched during linking. If I simply add the path to "Additional Library Directories" of the (C++) project at hand, the error dissappears, confirming my idea that it has to do with searching the default paths. In "Tools => Options => Intel Compilers and Tools" I found that ''IFortInstallDir" was expanding to the wrong path. I could correct this by selecting the proper compiler via "Selected compiler", but strangely this hasn't solved the LNK1104 error yet.

Any suggestions are welcome, best regards,

Michiel.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/configuring-visual-studio-for-mixed-language-applications for instructions on how to configure C++ for linking to Fortran. None of the Fortran options have an effect on this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you very much Steve, this solved it indeed!

0 Kudos