Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

CTRL-C does not kill running ifort program

Boris_B_
Beginner
Havingjust installed ifort 11.1_076 on a Core 2 Duo Mac running Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.2, I find that CTRL-C does not kill a running ifort-compiled program. Instead, it seems to hang the program and the Terminal app running it. A check of the unix "top" command from a different Terminal window shows that a.out is still churning through 100% of the CPU time, even though the program is actually hung. Only a "kill -9" is able to kill it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I upgraded to Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.2 and cannot reproduce this using 11.1.076 with Xcode 3.2.

There was an earlier thread (here) about this same behavior. You might have a similar situation with a /usr/local/lib/libgcc and your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I upgraded to Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.2 and cannot reproduce this using 11.1.076 with Xcode 3.2.

There was an earlier thread (here) about this same behavior. You might have a similar situation with a /usr/local/lib/libgcc and your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.
0 Kudos
Boris_B_
Beginner
You are absolutely right. Putting /usr/lib path ahead of /usr/local/lib in the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variablesolves the problem. Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Glad that helped.

I'm curious about your case so if I could trouble you for some additional information, it would be appreciated.

I gather you have a /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib present too, so do you know how this came to be installed?

Could you run this command and post the output: otool -L /usr/local/lib/libgcc*

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos