Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28457 Discussions

Can I buy additional licenses for old Intel Fortran product

DonaldRobinson
Beginner

I am considering adding another developer to our team but don't immediately want to commit to buying a new set of Intel Fortran licenses for the whole team. I own 2 licenses for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows" (SKU: FCX110WSGB01) from 2011, which are used with Visual Studio 2010 Professional.

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase a license for this old product?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The current Intel Fortran "Classic" compiler is part of the Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit, which is free. You can also follow the instructions at Solved: The Easy and Fast Way to Install JUST Fortran with Intel® oneAPI - Intel Communities to download and install just the compiler.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

It seems unlikely, since nobody is selling these. Is there a reason you can't use the current product, which doesn't require a purchased license? It won't work with VS2010, but VS2022 Community Edition is free for most users.

0 Kudos
DonaldRobinson
Beginner

Thank you Steve!

If there is a free version of Intel Fortran Classic, then that is worth knowing about. I couldn't find a definitive answer to my search for "How much does a new Intel Fortran Classic license cost?" I found mixed messages of "free" and "MSRP $1,022.24". Our business isn't entitled to student or educational pricing for the compiler and the Fortran compiler is not part of the oneAPI Base Toolkit. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

On the other hand I do think our business qualifies in this case for Visual Studio 2022 because we are working on open-source projects.

PS - I know when Steve_Lionel provides an answer it is like gold. Thanks for your long service to the Fortran community!

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The current Intel Fortran "Classic" compiler is part of the Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit, which is free. You can also follow the instructions at Solved: The Easy and Fast Way to Install JUST Fortran with Intel® oneAPI - Intel Communities to download and install just the compiler.

0 Kudos