Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Can no longer see Fortran files after upgrade to 2017 update 5

Stephen_Painchaud

I am using VS 2015 on a solution with C#, C++ and Fortran projects. Today I just upgraded to Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 5 from Update 4. When I open a Fortran or C++ file it shows as blank in the VS editor. The C# files look OK. I have checked the files with a text editor and they still contain my code. If I compile a Fortran project it seems to compile correctly. It is very difficult to work with code I cant see! Any suggestions for fixing this problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stephen_Painchaud

Well now I feel foolish because a reboot of the computer solved the problem, just restarting VS2015 was not enough. I have been using Visual Studio with the Intel Fortran Compiler for almost 10 years and this is the first time I have ever had a problem like this.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

We've seen this problem before with VS2015. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-fix-ms-vs2015-text-editor-is-blank-after-upgrading-intel-parallel-studio-xe

0 Kudos