Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Cannot link

Wagner__Urs
Novice

I am using a lib for a dll (newbie in fortran)

I get the link error

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error        error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _TEXT@24 referenced in function _TEXTPU        PLO.obj        

In dll the functio is defined according dumpbin

Exports

ordinal    name

_LINEWIDTH
                  _MARKER
                  _PLOT_INI
                  _TEXT

What is the meaning of @24? What must I do that the linker is using _TEXT instead of _TEXT@24

Thanks

Urs

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

@24 means that the caller of TEXT is using the STDCALL calling convention, which is not the default in Intel Fortran. The 24 indicates the number of bytes pushed on the stack for arguments that it expects the called routine to pop off before return. The calling conventions must be consistent or else you'll get stack corruption.

Are you using the /iface:cvf option or an ATTRIBUTES STDCALL directive in the source of TEXTPU?

0 Kudos
JAlexiou
New Contributor I

Try adding the alias compiler directive

SUBROUTINE TEST()
    !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT :: TEST
    !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES ALIAS:'TEST :: TEST
    IMPLICIT NONE
        ! Code Starts Here
    END SUBROUTINE

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

TEXT is already being exported. Either it doesn't have the STDCALL attribute or it has a different number of arguments than in the caller (something I neglected to mention in my earlier response.)

0 Kudos
Wagner__Urs
Novice

Thank You

I had set the calling convention to CVF. After changing to default it works fine.

0 Kudos