Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Cannot write updated manifest ?

WSinc
New Contributor I

This is only a minor annoyance, but it happens more than half the time.

I get this message when I have just made a change to the source code 

and it requires a REBUILD.

So then I hit "start debugging" and I get this error message. It's trying to reference the EXE file I had running before.

(which of course I no longer want)

I think that it is still running, even after I think I have exited the program to make a source code change.

Is there a way to prevent that ? Its not a serious problem, but it sure is annoying.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There has been an issue with Visual Studio for a long time that the debugger holds on to an EXE after you exit. It is not Fortran specific. I have not seen this in a while, though. You may have to restart Visual Studio to get rid of it. There have been many discussions of this issue here.

I do suggest that you get in the habit of hitting Build before starting in the debugger. This may (or may not) help.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

Unfortunately, it helps. - but not too much.

I was using VS 2015, BTW.

do later versions address this issue better ?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I have not seen this problem with VS2017.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

You may also want to try setting your Antivirus exclusion filter to .NOT. check the output folders as this occasionally keeps the manifest file open. Though as often as not, MS VS is the one holding the manifest file open.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos