Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Challenge with building gui source code referencing dll.

Ayodeji_A_
Beginner

Hi All,

i am posting this having gone through a number of threads on this forum regarding this issue.

So I have  a legacy  GUI app that runs using a dll. My task is to improve on the app. So I got the source codes folder from the developer. In there amongst other things we have two dll source codes - one calling a sub from the other, and  one source code for the gui. The legacy code was built in the 90s using  Compiler: MS Developer Studio,Fortran Power Station 4.0. Now I am using Visual studio with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler.

My Challenges are:

1. Can I use the above compiler for the same code to get the same result

2. Can I merge the 2 dlls into 1 by copying the called dll codes into the calling dll code

3. I keep getting a number of errors when i tried to build the gui source code in Qwin viz:

Error 85 error #5082: Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: ( %% : . = => C:\Users\.....
Error 106 error #6236: A specification statement cannot appear in the executable section. C:\Users\pb697\Documents\My Projects\MWM_MN\MWN 
However, this 2 errors were referring to the 'C' comment lines in the code.

So I played around a little bit turning off some optimization level and removing some lines of code eventually i arrived at this 2: 

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__METHAN referenced in function _METCLC mn.obj
Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DLLVER referenced in function _DLLVERS mn.obj

I have been on this for a month and would appreciate anyhelp.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Ayodeji_A_
Beginner

Thanks Dr Fortran. I tried the second suggestion and it worked.

Regards

Ayo

0 Kudos