Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Command line parameter fails with missing libifcoremdd.dll error

avinashs
New Contributor I

When running a program from the command line with a command line parameter, which happens to be a path to a text input file, the following message pops up with 2021 oneAPI Fortran Classic Compiler Release 3:

The code execution cannot proceed because libifcoremdd.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

The executable program previously ran without error in Intel Fortran 2020 Update 1, which is the last time I built it (~ June-Sep 2020).

Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You built a Debug configuration program from outside Visual Studio - that won't work. Build it as a Release Configuration.

You will, however, also need to install the Intel Fortran Compiler Run-Time (which was not needed as a separate install in earlier versions.)  Go to Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files and select Runtime Versions > Windows > Fortran Compiler Runtime for Windows.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You built a Debug configuration program from outside Visual Studio - that won't work. Build it as a Release Configuration.

You will, however, also need to install the Intel Fortran Compiler Run-Time (which was not needed as a separate install in earlier versions.)  Go to Intel® oneAPI standalone component installation files and select Runtime Versions > Windows > Fortran Compiler Runtime for Windows.

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

Thanks @Steve_Lionel  - it is working again. I installed the run-time library for Fortran. I had built a debug version in MSVS2019 that worked with IVF2020. I continued with the debug version as a first step and it worked after installing the RTL. I will convert to the Release version for future work.

It would be nice to have the RTL wrapped as part of the installation.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

It certainly would be nice. It used to be this way, and every other compiler I have installed includes its RTLs. It's a complaint I have made before.

The debug DLLs are not installed in a place made available outside of Visual Studio - it has been this way "forever". Naturally, if you link to the static debug libraries, it will work outside VS.

0 Kudos