Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28435 Discussions

Compilation options for error checking

Clarence_N_
Beginner

Recently I found a compilation difference between the compiler for Linux and the one for windows. The Windows one can report some errors, like miss matching of dummy arguments and actual ones, which the Linux one can't.  I'd like to know if there is any option which can force the compiler to do that. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

It is possible that the default options and/or versions are different for the Linux and Windows Intel Fortran compilers that you used; were the source codes identical?

In general, I have found that the feature and options set of the Linux and Windows versions of Ifort are almost the same, although the abbreviations of the options may be slightly different because of the slight differences in cultures.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The option you want is -warn interface. This is on by default in newly created Visual Studio projects, but isn't the default when the compiler is invoked from the command line.

0 Kudos