Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Compile Error: ifort.exe not found

Marcin_S_
Beginner

Hello all

I know that there was a similar topic already, but it is closed and I haven't found a proper answer out there.

I have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 CE. Then I installed Intel Parallel Studio XE on student's licence. I've done it both for IA-32 and Intel64. I installed basically all of its components.

VS is able to detect the compiler "somehow" - the compiler's preferences are available and its version is displayed.

However, when i try to compile anything, this error pops out.

I have checked through hard drive and I have 4 ifort compilers (2 for IA-32 and 2 for Intel64) under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2016.1.146\windows\bin.

I've tried to reinstall it all, change settings in VS and nothing works.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Are you seeing this error when running ifort under a Windows command-prompt window or when building a Fortran solution/project?

I don't if this is a factor or not, but with Visual Studio 2015, there is an additional required component, Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015, that must be installed, that is not installed by default. Please review the article, Intel® C++ and Fortran Compilers for Windows* Integration Into Microsoft Visual Studio 2015* , for details.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Are you seeing this error when running ifort under a Windows command-prompt window or when building a Fortran solution/project?

I don't if this is a factor or not, but with Visual Studio 2015, there is an additional required component, Common Tools for Visual C++ 2015, that must be installed, that is not installed by default. Please review the article, Intel® C++ and Fortran Compilers for Windows* Integration Into Microsoft Visual Studio 2015* , for details.

0 Kudos
Marcin_S_
Beginner

Dear Kevin

Thank you very much, it helped!

Best Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

You're welcome. Glad to know that helped.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

No, the Performance Libraries do not include a compiler.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm afraid so. There is an Academic license available, but I don't know if you'd qualify. Note that the evaluation license doesn't permit you to use built applications after the evaluation period. We do offer free licenses to students and open-source developers.

0 Kudos