Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28457 Discussions

Compiler Settings for link fully static.

Matthias_T_
Beginner

I am very sorry to open this topic again, which has been discussed in this forum many times before. Like here:

https://software.intel.com/de-de/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/534732

I am using Visual Studio 2010 Shell with Intel Fortran XE 14.0.2...

This are the Release-Settings:

Runtime Library: Multithreaded

Use Intel Math Kernel Library: Sequential (/Qmkl:sequential)

This are the Debug-Settings:

Runtime Library: Debug Multithreaded (/libs:static /threads /dbglibs)

Use Intel Math Kernel Library: Sequential (/Qmkl:sequential)

Unfortunately the Release-Version is still using dynamic link libraries. I guess it is the fortran runtime library? This can also be seen in my attached figure (1) from the Dependency walker. The Debug-Version (figure 2) is fully static and run on every other maschine without any runtime library installed. What I am doing wrong? Any help is much appreciated. If I do still need the runtime library dynamic linked for the Release-Version, where do I can get a redistributable installer from and how do I find out which version I need for my configuration?

BR,

Matthias

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

It would help if you would attach the .vfproj file from your project and a ZIP of the buildlog.htm from the Release build. The settings you describe should work, though if you're using MKL that links to OpenMP which is DLL-only.

You can get the Intel redistributable here - the latest version is always preferable.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you link Qmkl:sequential you can link fully static but you give up the multicore optimization.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I did some experiments and don't see how your build commands can result in the DLL library being used. I wonder if you're testing the same executable you built.

0 Kudos
Matthias_T_
Beginner

I am only running one Visual Fortran project on my PC. To check for any mistackes within my project settings, I rebuild the project complete new. Oh wonder, now it is running and will compile the Release-Version fully static as well! Many thanks for your support.

BR,Matthias

0 Kudos