Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

DEC still alive?

malik-s_-maxutov
Beginner
Please, tell me more about the mysterious CVF 6.6C update.
What this is? Is this a joke?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

DEC has been gone a long time, though it lives on in our hearts...

CVF 6.6C is the last update you're likely to see for CVF. It had been nearly a year since the last CVF update and, even though Intel Visual Fortran had been released, I thought it appropriate to release a 6.6C for those people who were still using CVF. This fixes a number of bugs that had been reported over the past year. No new features.

HP hasn't, as far as I know, mentioned it on their web site yet, but if you send mail to vf-support, it's mentioned in the acknowledgement.

0 Kudos
g_f_thomas
Beginner

Two Q's:

1. From where can I download CVF 6.6C? I know it appeared and quickly vanished as there seemed to be some minor problem with it but I'm sure it's fixed now and I'm continuing to use CVF so I'd like the update.

2. Does HP support CVF? Do they have their own Fortran people or do they get the former Digital/Compaq crew at Intel to handle support requests?

Ciao,

Gerry T.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
You can get 6.6C here.
HP claims to still support CVF. They are training an engineer to handle support requests. I was continuing to handle support directly, on an informal basis, but no longer. The people they have doing it now are not really familiar with the product, though they have the large database of earlier support requests to draw on when investigating issues.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Steve,

Is this DLL problem addressed at all in the latest release of 6.6C?

Cheers, Dan

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
That's actually the structure packing problem. No, it is not addressed in the current 6.6C. I'm not sure if HP wants to rerelease 6.6C - the fix for this has been made in the sources.
0 Kudos