Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Devenv to run intel fortran coverage report

awa5114
Beginner

Devenv is specifically designed to control a wide array of Visual Studio features from outside Visual Studio using cmd or Powershell for example.

I have been able to build and execute Intel Fortran 16 solutions using only devenv and without opening Visual Studio using a command as follows:

devenv MySolution.sln /Build internal_release

I would like to ask if it is also possible to run a coverage report also using devenv? I need coverage reports from several test runs so that I can then compare them using an html/xml diff tool.

Thanks for your consideration.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
awa5114
Beginner

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You could create a project configuration with a custom build step that invokes the codecov tool. It would probably need to specify the .spi files as input and the .html file as output. I'm just winging this - I think it could be made to work but have never tried it myself. Then once you have it, use devenv to run it.

That said, it seems like a rather convoluted method since you can run codecov yourself, and I think you can get better control over the inputs and outputs.

0 Kudos