Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28442 Discussions

Distributed DLLs built with /Qparallel option do not work on client computers

avinashs
New Contributor I

I recently added the /Qparallel option to build the new version of a DLL that I distribute to other users in the organization and other computers that I use. However, addition of the option causes the DLL to fail on the client computers other than the one where it was built. Rebuilding with the /Qparallel option removed restores the functionality of the DLL. What could be causing this problem? Will add that some of the client computers have Intel oneAPI installed and the DLL does not work on them either.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

You need to install the redistributables if you do a build parallel software as some of the required lib are not available for static builds.

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

Thanks, @andrew_4619 . On one of the machines, the redistributables were installed along with oneAPI but no success there either. Currently have removed the /Qparallel option since it did not seem to make any difference in execution speed.

0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II

Guessing a little as to the precise meaning of "causes the DLL to fail", have you tried using tools such as Dependency Walker (or a modern equivalent like Dependencies), on the target machine, within the target environment, to diagnose DLL loading issues?

0 Kudos