Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Do Intel Visual Fortran Compiled Binaries work for Windows Server 2012?

Nan_Deng
Beginner

I have a program which was compiled on a Windows 7 OS machine and worked perfectly for Windows Server 2008 based servers.  Recently one of our servers upgraded to Windows Server 2012, and the compiled binaries do not run on that machine.  I am wondering if the code compiled under Windows 7 could be incompatible under Windows Server 2012 (or Windows 8.1).  Did Intel staff ever discover any problem for the new OS?  If I need a new re-compilation, which is the minimum new version I need to download to make it work?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

We aren't aware of any issues and we test that OS. What exactly goes wrong? What is the exact and complete text of any error messages you receive?

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

No problems whatsoever in our experience for Fortran DLLs compiled with Intel Fortran compiled on Windows 7 and deployed on Windows Server 2012 (and 2008).

0 Kudos
Nan_Deng
Beginner

It just shows the message in a small blue box "XXXX.exe has stopped working". By clicking the "view details" button I got the following:

=====================================

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: SITE.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 526592e9
  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.2.9200.16579
  Fault Module Timestamp: 51637f77
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0000000000059a85
  OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.272.7
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: e3a0
  Additional Information 2: e3a058d71e4f380cf7cda08dd6dc8dff
  Additional Information 3: b87e
  Additional Information 4: b87e04607c416c87ae09fe8f4edc5a2d

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

==============================================

Does these lines make any sense?  Please help.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The only thing one can get from this is that there was an access violation, though I would have expected a Fortran error message and a traceback. On the other hand, the mention of ntdll.dll suggests a more fundamental problem. Does this happen immediately on running the program, or can you see that the program started? Can you build and run a "Hello World" program on this system (or build it elsewhere and run it here)?

0 Kudos
Nan_Deng
Beginner

It turns out the problem was caused by the encryption/key protection program which was binded to the binaries after Fortran compilation is done. I'll have to dig out new version of that software. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos