Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Dummy Window Opens in Visual Studio 2019 After Windows 10 Update

slaby__john
Beginner

Windows 10 updated my system on 9/16/19. Since then, whenever I open Visual Studio 2019 (version 16.2.5) with an Intel Fortran project, a dummy window also opens. This window is all gray, has no controls and cannot be closed. An icon appears in the taskbar (see attached). Right-clicking the taskbar item and selecting 'close window' does not work. I cannot find any process in the task manager corresponding to this window.

How can I get rid of this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_Billinghurst
New Contributor III

This fixed a similar problem for me.

https://blog.jetbrains.com/dotnet/2019/06/11/blank-tool-windows-resharper-visual-studio-2019-net-framework-4-8-per-monitor-dpi-awareness/

If you are experiencing sporadic blank ReSharper tool windows (e.g. the test runner tool window or find usages) or are seeing blank tool windows for other Visual Studio extensions, make sure to disable Per-Monitor Awareness (PMA) by unchecking Optimize rendering for screens with different pixel densities via Tools | Options, then Environment | General.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_Billinghurst
New Contributor III

This fixed a similar problem for me.

https://blog.jetbrains.com/dotnet/2019/06/11/blank-tool-windows-resharper-visual-studio-2019-net-framework-4-8-per-monitor-dpi-awareness/

If you are experiencing sporadic blank ReSharper tool windows (e.g. the test runner tool window or find usages) or are seeing blank tool windows for other Visual Studio extensions, make sure to disable Per-Monitor Awareness (PMA) by unchecking Optimize rendering for screens with different pixel densities via Tools | Options, then Environment | General.

0 Kudos
slaby__john
Beginner

David, thank you very much. This simple change fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
David_Billinghurst
New Contributor III

Good to know that it worked for you.  

0 Kudos