Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28385 Discussions

Elder .vfproj incompatible / Problems after installation of IPSXE 2020 Update 4 in VS2019

joerg_kuthe
Novice

A customer reported problems with the installation of the most recent version of IPSXE 2020 Update 4 (Fortran, Windows; 2020.4.311). So I tried myself.

My system: Win10 Home, VS2019 16.7.7installed.
After a bit of an installation odyssee I finally had both VS2019 updates and Intel Fortran updates installed.
I can create new VF projects in VS2019, however some (not all) .vfproj/.sln I created in VS2019 with VF2019 this year, don't load anymore. They are marked "incompatible".

F00Format2020_incompatible.png

I have attached an example (.zip).

Any idea, what's wrong here?

Jörg Kuthe
(working for Intel Elite Resellers qtsoftware.de and polyhedron.com)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There is a hidden folder named .vs - delete it. This contains a .suo file (a few levels down) that appears to be corrupted. You can safely delete this - VS will recreate it. When I did that, the project opened.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There is a hidden folder named .vs - delete it. This contains a .suo file (a few levels down) that appears to be corrupted. You can safely delete this - VS will recreate it. When I did that, the project opened.

joerg_kuthe
Novice

Yes, deleting the .suo file solves the problem.
Thank you Steve.

Jörg

0 Kudos