Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Embedding manifest

tihomir
Beginner
Is it possible to speed up the "Embedding manifest" portion of the compilation?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
This is a Microsoft tool and we have no control over it. I have not found it particularly slow - how long is it taking for your application?

You could disable use of manifests using the Linker property page. For most applications this is harmless.
0 Kudos
tihomir
Beginner
Thanks a lot - it takes a couple of minutes even after a small edit - your suggestion fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Wow - I've never seen that. How big is your executable? Typically for me the MT step takes a second at most.
0 Kudos
tihomir
Beginner

It is 140 MB in debug version.

Incidentally - it takes in Fortran 10 about 1 hr to compile a release version. In Fortran 11 it takes 2.5 hr without any visible benefits. Any advice on compiler options that can be used to turn off these extra optimizations that don't seem to do anything for us?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It's hard to say without knowing what specifically is taking the extra time. Are you able/willing to provide us with some representative source files that take extra long to compile in version 11 (along with everything needed to compile them)?

What options are you using now for release builds?
0 Kudos
tihomir
Beginner

I am using the default compiler options + /Qopenmp /Qopenmp-link:static. I can provide examples and comparison of compiler timing - I am surprised that my code would be unique in that way. Should I send this to the premier support?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Yes, please do submit samples and timing comparisons to Premier Support. Thanks.
0 Kudos