Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28443 Discussions

Error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code

Ignacio_T_
Beginner

Hi everyone!

I was trying to compile my project in Visual Studio 2015 with ifortran, my version is Intel Parallel Studio 2016, but everytime I buit it I got the same error.

"error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code"

I have read along this forum some options to do when having this error, but any of them succeeded. I was so bored that I tried to compile a simple project, the one which cames by default with VS2015. My surprise was that I got the same error than before.

I have restarted VS2015 several times and I unistalled not only VS2015 but also Intel Fortran.

I do not know what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Ignacio

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You have to look at the full build log (buildlog.htm in the Debug or Release folder) to see what it was doing when this error was reported. Most often it has something to do with the Manifest Tool (mt.exe). It could be that you didn't tell the VS2015 install to include C++ language support, which is required by Intel Visual Fortran as the C++ support provides required tools and libraries.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You have to look at the full build log (buildlog.htm in the Debug or Release folder) to see what it was doing when this error was reported. Most often it has something to do with the Manifest Tool (mt.exe). It could be that you didn't tell the VS2015 install to include C++ language support, which is required by Intel Visual Fortran as the C++ support provides required tools and libraries.

0 Kudos
Ignacio_T_
Beginner

Thanks Lionel, the matter was that I had not installed the C++ tools and libraries. I was unawered of the necessity of those tools. 

0 Kudos
Marcus__Sherman
Beginner

I am having the same problem, but it won't go away.  The log says it has to do with the manifest tool.  The problem is, after installing Update 3 of 2016 it was working fine.  But then I suddenly started getting this error message, whereas the build is successful.  Every now and then, though, it builds without the error.  The same was happening with Update 2.  Under Update 2, I tried reinstalling.  The same thing happened.  It worked fine for a few compilations, and then I began getting the message again.  Each time, the log said it happened after running mt.exe.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Tell your antivirus program to exclude scanning your project folders.

0 Kudos
Marcus__Sherman
Beginner

That did it!!  Thanks loads!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos