Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Error in the MKL developer reference (fortran)

qdu
Beginner

Hello,

Maybe I'm not in the right place to give a feedback in termes of errors in MKL developer reference, but I hope you could fix the errors and others would not waste time by being confused like me..

Well, it's about the "sparse blas" section. First of all, in appendix A - sparse matrix storage format, like that of CSR, I think there are errors in the example about pointerB and pointerE for both indexing, given that pB/E(j) - indexing = index (of element in "values"). Maybe there are similar errors in other examples of this appendix. You could check it out...

Then, I found another error in reference when I tried to use spblas routines. It's in BLAS-Inspector..-matrix manipulation routines-..creat_csr. In explaination of parameter "col_indx", I think we should not write "plus one" in "for one-based..plus one.." as columns index should be as it is like stored in CSR format.

Thanks for your attention and please fix these errors.

qdu

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I suggest you submit this as a support request through https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US . Be sure to specify Intel Math Kernel Library as the product and not Fortran. The Intel documentation people don't read these forums, and the support ticket is the best way to get the change you want.

0 Kudos
qdu
Beginner

Thank you for your reply, Mr Steve Lionel.

I will later look for their support in a better place.

Best regards!

qdu

0 Kudos