Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Error message when installing IMSL add-on

Gerrit_V_1
Beginner

After I bought and downloaded the IMSL Fortran add-on (Rogue Wave IMSL Fortran Numerical Libraries 7.0 for Windows* OS - Named-user Commercial) Manuf Part #:  RFL999WLGE01X1Z     , I tried to install the libraries. I got the following error message: "Activation rigths do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expire subsciption or incompatible number."  The Fortran compiler is Composer XE 2013 Sp1 and used in Visual Studio 2012.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Your Fortran license support expired last June, which I am pretty sure is the issue since the IMSL install looks to see if the Fortran license is current. I suggest that you go back to the Intel Registration Center, go to the IMSL download page and select the "Initial Release" update. That should install ok. As far as I know, the only difference between that and the later ones are the installer.

0 Kudos
Gerrit_V_1
Beginner

Steve, many thanks it works.

It took me some time to get things understood and done, but the DLL is created without an error;

so the link to the IMSL libraries is ok.

0 Kudos
Gerrit_V_1
Beginner

Steve,

I was too quick saying it worked. IMSL is ok, but my VB-project (VS 2012) does not find the DLL. So I tried to repied the Mixed language example in the Intel install dir. I copied (I thought) exactly the code and the property pages, and only changed the command line of the post-build events, The following error message was generated:

Additional information: Unable to load DLL 'FCALL.DLL': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I changed the  Post-Build Events   Command Line to:

copy /y "$(OutDir)\$(ProjectName).dll" "$(SolutionDir)\VBtoFortran\bin\debug"

The DLL is not build. Copying the dll from the example it goes well.

Hope you have a suggestion

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

First, your VB code needs to explicitly name the path to your DLL, if it is not in the same directory as your VB application's EXE. Then you have to make sure that the IMSL DLL (if you linked to that) and the Intel Fortran DLLs are all on PATH.

0 Kudos