Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Error popup when right clicking on a project in VS2013

Steve_R_2
Beginner

I just installed parallel studio 2016. When I open VS and right click on a fortran project, I get the popup in the attached jpg. If I click ok, things work anyway, and I get the right click menu, but I'd like it to go away.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The jpg you referenced was not attached. Will you please try again?

0 Kudos
Steve_R_2
Beginner

Hopefully it's attached this time

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Yes, thank you. Yuck! That sure is ugly.

Do you know whether this happens for all Fortran projects or just certain ones you have?
Are yours mixed-language or Fortran-only?

0 Kudos
Steve_R_2
Beginner

It happens with all fortran projects. It doesn't happen with other languages. It happens even in a new solution with one fortran project.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you. I sent this to the IDE integration Developers for their help in understanding the message and finding a resolution. I will keep informed about what I hear back.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200376488)

(Resolution Update on 03/16/2016): Issue is not reproducible; no known resolution identified. The internal tracking id has been closed.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Our IDE Developers requested some additional details about your configuration:

What version of Windows do you have?
Which version(s) of Visual Studio and the Intel Fortran integrations did you have installed before installing Parallel Studio XE 2016, if any?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Steve_R_2
Beginner
Windows 10
VS2010,12,13 and now 15
Intel 2013,15 and now 16
0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Unfortunately our Development team has been unable to reproduce this error or develop a clear indication of the possible root cause. In researching the error, from some external references found, it seems possible that performing either a repair or re-installation of PSXE 2016 may clear up the condition; although, it may also require a further similar repair or re-installation of VS2013.

I'm sorry we were unable to develop an understanding of the root cause and provide a more confident resolution.

0 Kudos