Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Error with CONTIGUOUS

ScottBoyce
Beginner

Here is another strange error I am getting when I add the CONTIGUOUS flag to a dummy argument in a recursive subroutine.

If I add to ExpressionParser.f the following line of code (its on line 129)

CONTIGUOUS:: NML      

causes

gwf2bas7_OWHM.fpp to crash (it does call the function on line 2889) which has

RMLT(:,:,M)=EqnEval(LINE,MLTNAM(:M-1),RMLT(:,:,:M-1),     !MODULE ExpressionParser WHICH CALCULATES EXPRESSION FROM STRING
     +                                                    .TRUE.,.TRUE.)

The error message I get is:

Error    21    Compilation Aborted (code 1)    C:\~\gwf2bas7_OWHM.fpp    1

and

C:\~\gwf2bas7_OWHM.fpp: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for C:\~\gwf2bas7_OWHM.fpp (code 1)

I reattached the same project with the previous problem fixed, but includes only the one added statement that causes the crash.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks. I moved this to its own thread since it's a separate problem and it will be easier to track it. Looking at this now.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I was able to cut this down a lot and sent it on to the developers as issue DPD200415576. Interestingly, my cut-down version was sensitive to bounds checking being enabled, but turning that off on your original project has no effect.

0 Kudos