Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

FORTRAN compilation broken on Windows: Operation could not be completed. Unspecified Error

AndrewC
New Contributor III

I do mainly C++ development, with some FORTRAN using Visual Studio 2013.

I just installed Intel Parallel Studio 16.0 Update 2  and now all my FORTRAN projects will not compile a single file , with above error " Operation could not be completed. Unspecified Error. No issues with C++. I can't specifically tie the issue to the "Update 2" as I had not opened any FORTRAN projects for a while...

The FORTRAN compilers seems properly integrated into Visual Studio. The FORTRAN options ( and compiler versions) appear in the Tools->Options. And I can create a "New" FORTRAN Console project from the Visual Studio "New->Project" menu. Yet trying to compile that project fails with the same error.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Would you please ZIP the buildlog.htm and attach that to a reply here?  Can you compile from the command line?

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

I'm going to completely uninstall parallel studio XE 2016 , and re-install. Then will report back.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

A complete uninstall of all versions of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016, then a new install of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 2 resolved the problem.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Glad to hear it.

0 Kudos