Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Failed to write updated manifest to the resource file.

Robert
Beginner

I click: Build > Rebuild Solution  and I get the following error. Which I don't know what it means. Please explain this error message.

Error      1              general error c101008d: Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "C:\Users\RMagliola\Google Drive\AutoMesh\FOR\Debug\FOR.exe". The system cannot open the device or file specified.                mt.exe

But I click Build > Rebuild Solution again (two or three times) and then I won't get the error. Why would the error only occur intermediately?   

Your help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The usual cause of this is antivirus software locking the newly-built EXE as it scans it for viruses. Most AV products allow you to exclude certain folders from scanning - see if yours does.

0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II

Given the directory, I expect that the google drive service reading the newly built executable may be problematic in a similar way.

0 Kudos
Ramesh__Krish
Beginner

Hi, I am trying to Build a Fortran DLL in Visual Studio 2013 using Intel Parallel Studio 2017. When I build the DLL, all the files compile with no errors. However, while trying to link I get the following error: "Failed to write the updated manifest to the resource of file "....\DEBUG\TestDLL1.dll". The operation failed."

When I go to the DEBUG folder, the DLL has been created. Another issue (may be related to the above error): I have a C# simple program that calls the above fortran DLL. I cannot run the DLL from the C# calling program (error: The specified DLL cannot be found, though the path and filename is correct). However, when I run the DLL in debug mode (using the above C# EXE), the DLL runs fine.

If you need more details, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Krish

0 Kudos