Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28384 Discussions

FcompW could not be obtained. Your license expired.

Francesco_D_
Beginner

First of all: happy holidays.

My error message:

Error: A license for FCompW could not be obtained  
Your license has expired.  

License file(s) used were (in this order):  
    1.  Trusted Storage 
    2.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\[**].lic
    3.  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses 
    4.  C:\PROGRA~2\Intel\COMPOS~1\bin\intel\*.lic 

Please visit http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ to obtain license renewal information.  

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license 
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'ifort' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

Is there a way to simply obtain a new license file and place it in place of the old one?

Thank you in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Francesco_D_
Beginner

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

For people reading this in the future. I obtained a new license by:

- first registering the product again

- From the email that Intel will send you, which has the download link and the serial number, click on How Do I get a License File for an Offline Installation and follow the directions.

- without the need of downloading nor installing the software again, visit the License Manager page. Click on the latest serial number and find option to download the new license file.

- Place license file in the correct folder. In my case: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Please edit your original post to remove the name of the .lic file in the message, as this is your serial number and should not be posted in public.

0 Kudos
I-Lok_C_
Beginner

I hope that I am at the website where I can get some advice on problems in installing  Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows.  I installed Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017.  Then I tried to install Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for fortran Windosws 2018.  The installation failed because the installer could not detect the environment of Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.

Thank you!  If this is not the website to pose such questions, please direct me to the website where I can get some help.

I-Lok Chang

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

This is the correct web site but it is better if you start a new thread rather than adding to a different topic. 

For your problem, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-microsoft-visual-studio-2017-for-use-with-intel-compilers

0 Kudos